Monday, March 26, 2012

Paris!

The lovely Paris part of spring break started on Sunday.  After literally running to catch our flight, we finally made it.  We checked in to our hotel and were surprised to find an old vintage hotel with a tall spiral staircase and no elevator.  I lugged our 40lb bright pink luggage all the way up to the top, and opened the door to a tiny room the size of my freshmen dorm room, maybe even smaller.  At first we were a little shocked with how old and antiquated the place was, but the longer we stayed the more comfortable we got.  The location was absolutely perfect so we really couldn't complain.


We did so many things in Paris I'm not sure if I can remember them all!  We visited the Museum d'Orsay and the Louvre, the Versailles Palace, Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower, and of course shopping on the Avenue des Champs-Élysées.  


My favorite part of shopping was finding the Allison Boutique!  I was so happy to see a boutique sharing my name and they had a lot of cute clothes too.




The best memory of this trip will definitely be when Mina ordered the Beef Tartar for dinner.  When a slab of pure raw meat came out I nearly choked on the piece of bread I was currently chowing down on.  She claimed it tasted really good, but I just took her word for it.  From that moment on every time we ate I spotted people ordering the popular dish.  I think we can all admit that when the waiter set the plate down all 3 of us had shocking facial expressions!


Our last night in Paris we went on a dinner cruise on the river.  The boat cruised us along the river allowing us to spot famous sights such as the Eiffel Tower and the small Statute of Liberty which was given to the United States by the French.  It was a nice and relaxing dinner and we even made friends with the American family sitting next to us!  The older Dad from San Francisco was visiting his daughter who had married a French man and since moved to Paris.  Their family was funny and delightful to chat with. 


However, the best part of the cruise was watching a Korean Dad and his young daughter out on a little date.  It was the most precious thing to watch, and after the cruise ended Mina was able to speak to them in Korean and took their picture by the Eiffel Tower.  Too Cute!  


How precious is this??  Dad, I hope you're reading this...hint hint :) 
Check out the rest of my album below! Next up is London!



No comments:

Post a Comment