Friday, April 20, 2012

Relaying For Jenny!

Today's the Day! Virginia Tech's Relay For Life event will commence later today and last all throughout the night.  
Cancer doesn't sleep and neither do we!  
Hokie Bird!
Last Year's Virginia Tech Relay For Life Committee Members 
I Relay in memory of my Aunt Jenny Hancock.  Jenny was truly a wonderful person and is missed each and every day.  After losing her battle to breast cancer in April of 2009, I joined the Relay For Life team at Virginia Tech to raise money for the American Cancer Society.  No one should have to battle cancer and we will not stop fighting until we find a cure.
Jenny and I hanging in the hot tub
At my Sweet 16 Birthday Dinner
Hanging Poolside with Aunt Jenny

Last year I was able to raise $2,500 for Relay, but this year with the help of my wonderful friends and family I was able to raise $4,151 for the American Cancer Society!  Thank you to everyone who allowed me to raise the bar and fundraise over $1,000 more than last year!  I truly appreciate all the help and support and I'm glad to see everyone working together to help find a cure for this terrible disease.

At last year's VT Relay For Life
Also, special thanks to my mom and all the members at LaPlata Fitness Club who participated in Zumba For A Cure helping to raise over $800!  You ladies are awesome!

Since I couldn't be at the event today at Virginia Tech, my friends and I Relayed in Florence as a way to remember those we have lost to cancer.  I will never stop relaying until we find a cure.

Again, thanks to everyone who donated and together let's kick cancer's butt!
Ciao Ragazzi!

No comments:

Post a Comment